Lose some, Gain some
That's fine! (WC: 332)
[html]
[/html]Claudius had been, as normally was, out searching for new plants. He’d found a number of flowers that would be most useful for his dyes. He had also managed to scavenge the bones of a dead fox. He had a number of stone knives in his den that he could use to fashion the bones into some sort of tool or weapon. Picking apart the fox to get its bones had been tedious, but since it had been almost completely picked apart by scavengers, it hadn’t taken him too long. He kept the bones, which he had licked clean, in his rough leather bag that was currently slung over his shoulder. As he straightened up to continue his hunt for more plants, he heard a call from the borders. He listened intently to the message and found himself frowning as he tried to understand the howl. Who was this wolf, seeking Liliana, when she was many months dead? Claudius wondered if this wolf was playing some sort of joke or if she didn’t really know that Liliana was dead. Either way, it was his duty as the Representative in the tribe.

He howled a response and then set off toward the borders. Since his den was so far southeast in the pack territory, it did not take him long to reach the newcomer on two feet. He trekked through the forests and passed by the winding rivers and streamed that cut through the tribelands with acquired familiarity. Once he arrived, he raised his one red hand in greeting.

“Huh-hu-hello,” he said once he drew closer. The sun reflected off the woman’s coat, making the brown shades stand out in the light. “I-I-I’m Cuh-cuh-Claudius… Aston, a… sub-leader here… and I wa-was fuh-f-f-friend… of… Liliana’s… wuh… what… do you seek… here?” As was customary for the pale wolf, he drew his brows together in an expression of concern. He really hoped that he would not have to break the bad news to this lady. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread