Lose some, Gain some
[html]
[/html]Just as quickly as Claudius had summoned his smile, it disappeared. The mention of Liliana, as if she were still alive, dashed away his jovial mood. He quickly assumed an expression of deep concentration, without meaning to, as he tried to figure out a way to explain what had happened to the wonderful woman. Claudius didn’t know how well this woman knew Liliana; he could only guess that she had been given a name and nothing else. At least then the pain would be less personal.

“I-I’m suh-sorry, muh-miss,” he replied slowly. “Buh-but Li-luh-liliana… died… wuh-when she luh-left AniWuh-waya and was in Cuh-Crimson… Dreams. I’m… I’m sorry, buh-but… I do-o-on’t know… wuh-where h-uh-e-er muh-mate or… her… childre-e-e-en… are.” He lowered his eyes after he finished speaking because he couldn’t bear to see what she did, said, or felt. He thought it was far too private and he should by no means be intruding on her if this was a difficult thing. Sorrow, he felt, was always a personal matter and something he never wanted to intrude upon. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread