things are going my way
[html]

“Yeah, Tasha,” Skoll agreed with another wag of his curling tail. He didn’t know if he’d be a good playmate for a girl puppy, as he’d always had some issues playing with Lottie when she was preoccupied with girl-stuff (like staying clean, or being too slow to outrun him), but the thought of the lessened responsibility to be a good influence might make up for that.

His grin broadened again at mention of being a wingman in the pack hunt. “Maybe I’ll steal your old job,” he suggested, raising his brows but completely joking. Although there was ambition and dominance in the young wolfdog, he wouldn’t dream of usurping an adult’s position; he was getting older, but the likes of Vigilante and Niro were still almost godlike to him: infallible, worthy of their positions, meant to stay on the pedestals they’d climbed. “You’ll have to show me your tricks, though,” he added hopefully, wondering if he could spend more time with his brother-in-law now than he had when he was very little.

The shadow of the great eagle fell upon them, and instinctually Skoll stepped back, his head low and the golden hackles rising on his neck. He wasn’t afraid or suspicious of the raptor only because he knew who she was, but it was still odd to see the absolutely giant bird alighting on the wolf’s shoulder and causing Niro to wince.

Trying to meet Marahute’s gaze in a bold but unchallenging manner, the boy quickly became distracted and blinked at Niro. “More?” he asked, grinning. He wondered if he’d want to have a bird of his own; definitely, he’d been eager to have a horse ever since he learned what they were. A bird of prey might be too odd of company, though, and he didn’t see himself bonding with one like Niro had bonded with Marahute. “Hard is it to train birds?”

Word Count → 315

---

<style>
.lazyskol {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qa6Q9.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#7e8935; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; color:#243204; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #243204;}
.lazyskol b {color:#d6e092; text-shadow:#243204 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lazyskol p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lazyskol p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #d6e092; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.lazyskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:10px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread