through mud and roots
[html]

I had to get caught up somehow! Cx // WC: 415

"No, not at all, I was just... erm, digging?" She tilted her head helplessly, unsure of what he was propositioning her to do. Patrolling the border, hunting, watching the pups, those were all tasks she expected to be assigned at some point since they did not have many members, and she had to pull her weight somehow. Digging holes did not seem like much of a priority, until Saul elaborated on his idea.

"A communal garden, that sounds like a lovely idea...! There are so many useful plants I've seen in the area that I could collect for us; chamomile, feverfew, marigold, comfrey, echinacea... and the flowers will be so pretty together, too," she trailed off shyly, enthused by the idea. It was rare that she got to share her knowledge of botany, whether they be the herbal remedies and teas she learned from Deuce Rhiannon, or the poisons she had cultivated on her own. Self-consciously she brushed her fingers against the small fur pouch she wore around her neck, hung on the same cord as her Vináttan pendant. She probably shouldn't mention right away that she had just as intimate an understanding of the toxicity of plants -- only if the need arose for her to defend herself or her pack. What started as a hobby had lead her down a dark path, and she was trying to steer herself back towards the light and the good.

"I guess we should start digging, then," Coli added, nodding resolutely. "Did you... have a location in mind?" This was much less intimidating than untangling the overgrown vineyard, and was even one of the few topics she had a measure of confidence and experience in. It had been quite a few seasons, but she had built gardens from scratch several times in her past with great success. And judging by the flowers she had carried from Crimson Dreams and lovingly nursed back to health here around her house, she had not lost her talent. That thought jogged her memory -- the apple seedlings, she still needed to mention them to Saul. Maybe he would be impressed by her initiative... or maybe he would be upset that she did not ask his permission to plant them. She should hold off until she was sure he was in a good mood. He seemed cheerful enough, but she did not want to risk irritating him right before they were to spend an entire day together toiling in the soil.

Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread