through mud and roots
[html]

meeeann coli <3333
wc -- 684

Her shy smile was noted and Saul was pleased to have received it. He knew Coli to be a shy and reserved character, but it seemed gardening was something that unlocked something within her- taking pleasure from planting, growing and cultivating. Her words caused a similar smile to grace his own lips- she clearly knew her plants well and he understood that he could learn a bit from her. He knew enough to get by, but there was always something new to learn. He nodded softly, agreeing to her assessment of the placement. "That seems like a good idea to me." He verbally confirmed, before the two of them were off once more. His morning routine had built up an incredible endurance in the male and he often forgot that others did not subject themselves to the same kind of activity that he did. He didn't notice Coli falling behind however and as he came to a stop alongside a relatively flat patch, he glanced around wildly for the dark Soul.

He couldn't help a light hearted chuckle as she caught up and stopped, a hand pressed to her chest. He allowed an apologetic expression to cover his face as she looked up and around her, assessing the ground that he'd chosen. Her almost winded words caused another chuckle and he ducked his head once before remembering that Coli was unlikely to react negatively to his amusement. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you behind. I forget that others don't have a morning run like I do..." He admitted, holding his hands up slightly in mock defence before a comfortable silence enveloped them. She took the opportunity to begin dragging the weeds from the earth while Saul moved gathering up four strong sticks.

He thrust one of the sticks into the earth, pressing it down so that it stood without falling over. Placing his heels against the stick, he began walking, taking strides and trying to keep the line as straight as possible. Once he'd estimated 15 metres, he stopped and plunged the second stick into the ground. Doing the best he could, he attempted to turn a 90 degree angle before pacing again, counting out what he estimated to be 10 metres before placing the third stick in the ground. Walking back the way he'd come, now ten metres away from his original line, Saul completed the rectangle when the final stick was placed in the ground. Coli stayed inside this rectangle, pulling weeds to her hearts content and he thought she was happy like that. Her question, however, threw him completely off guard.

He looked towards her, a startled and shocked expression on her face. It was a completely random topic of conversation, but he supposed there had to be something in their actions right now that bought the question forth. The question itself rolled around in his head and he tried to think of an appropriate answer. "I thought I had been. I crushed on a female back in Dahlia... and Ichika come to think of it. But she would never stay, she was always going missing. And when she left the final time, I followed her to find out where she went. I thought she broke my heart, but I realise now it was just a boyhood crush." He pondered his next words, knowing that he'd recently spoken to Lilin about this. "Temeraire's mother was a random female who got me drunk and had sex with me. I didn't see her again until she handed me my son and told me she couldn't take him." He offered with a shrug of his shoulders. It was easy to be sceptical about love, but his thoughts always returned to Lilin when he thought of those words. "I think I'm in love now..." He whispered, so quietly he'd be surprised if she caught what he'd said. He didn't know if this was the right word for what he felt, but in that moment he supposed it probably was. "Have you, Coli?" He returned, looking up and catching her eyes for a moment.

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aul3-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread