through mud and roots
[html]

poor coli <3333
wc -- 495

Their work had been progressing in a comfortable silence. While Saul mapped out the extent of their up and coming plot, Colibri moved within the rectangle, pulling weeds out and chucking them away from the area. Saul had found her, since his discovery of the female, to be someone who calmed him and the companionable silence that welled between the two of them held no awkwardness. She was simply a presence that he enjoyed working with and he allowed a smile to wash over his lips. Her question, however, had thrown tension across their conversation- he'd glanced over to find her in a more submissive position, ears flat and head ducked. He would never harm her, or assert his dominance unnecessarily, but he supposed his surprised reaction had been a trigger for the shy and reserved female. He sent her an encouraging smile, before standing once more and reaching for the spade they'd bought with them.

He'd asked her in return to his own story and he could perhaps detect a reluctance there. If she didn't want to tell him, he would accept that. He was himself surprised when she began speaking, mimicking his words from his own story. He managed to keep the slight zing of shock from his face when she admitted to being in love with another female- he had no problem with it, it was just a little unexpected considering he hadn't known this aspect of Colibri until that moment. Her story was perhaps a little harsher than his own- Siku had left him and he didn't know whose fault that was. But Coli placed all the blame on her own shoulders and Saul could see the effect it had on her. She spoke of turning in on herself, distancing herself because of expectations. It sounded as if Colibri had set her bar too high for herself and was struggling very hard to stay above the water of her own self esteem.

She paused, before concluding the story. It was sad and Saul allowed a sigh to escape before another unexpected question came from the female. It seemed the two of them were sharing stories today. He considered her question and quickly realised why she'd asked it. Digging the spade in again for the fourth time, he pushed the ground up and away to the small pile building up behind him. "If Siku returned, she would return to me as a friend. I have someone else in my life now and my romantic interest in Siku is non-existant. But I would have the decency to forgive her actions- we were both young." He spoke carefully, hoping that his words wouldn't be misconstrued. "Don't give up Coli..." He offered, his voice soft once more. She must know that their situations differed, as did the other person. The gentle wag of his tail was given as he strove the spade into the dirt again, reaching the furthest stick and digging up the earth.

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aul3-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread