through mud and roots
[html]

soooo so sorry for the wait, mind if we finish this up soon? <333
wc -- 491

Her apology was met with a soft shake of his head and a smile. He enjoyed listening to others and seeing if there was anything he could do to help them- if that meant sharing stories with Coli then the young male was more than happy to oblige. Her admission that she was a bit of a mess was received although he didn't know how to tell her that he thought she was doing very well under the circumstances she'd described. His opinion of the dark female was that she was stronger than she gave herself credit for. Still, talking about it always seemed to help and he allowed the soft wag of his tail to offer encouragement. "I'm always here if you need to talk Coli... you're family now." He said softly, before digging into the ground once more and turning over the soil he had disturbed. They were almost finished- the ground was nearly tilled and soon they would be able to plant things in here. Her next words were full of doubt and he felt a stab of pity for her.

"Everything will be alright in the end Coli..." He paused, giving another encouraging smile. He'd read the saying in a book somewhere and he'd adopted it as a personal motto. "If it's not alright... It's not the end." He chuckled, hoping that little saying would stick with her. "You never know whats going to happen" He offered softly, before another thought came to mind. "You need to make a decision, try and win her back or not, and stick to it. Uncertainty is a killer- you must choose your own destiny." He spoke with a quiet wisdom far beyond his two years, but he knew what it was like to be completely uncertain about something. The anguish he felt over Lilin was killing him, he knew it. Her last comment made him chuckle softly, his head nodding in agreement- everything was much simpler out here than it was back home.

They worked in silence for a few minutes and Saul worked to finish the last little bits off. They were done turning the soil and ridding it of weeds and stones that would hamper their attempts at growing things here. Her soft words made him look up, surprise and gratitude warring on him. She was a sweet woman and he was grateful she'd found her way into their lives. "I think it is... I really hope it is." His voice thick with emotion, he blinked to rid himself of the embarrassing tears that threatened to fall. With a sigh, he stretched his limps, brushing the dirt that had collected on his fur off. "Come on, shall we get back to Jordheim and see if we can find some food?" He asked, offering a hand to help her up off the floor. His afternoon with Coli had been pleasant and certainly eye opening, perhaps for both of them.

<style>
.saul-d19 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-d19 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-d19 b {color:#D6ECF8; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-d19 {background-color:#728792; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aul3-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1A2023; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; }
.saul-d19-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread