a spark and a bit of sulfur
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 391

An arrow whizzed into the tree, and a fat grouse fell to the forest floor, the few others in its flock spreading out like wild fire, cackling with cries of warning and fear.

“Aly shot bird well,” Macbeth commented, fluttering down and perched upon the already dead body of the fowl. “In eye again.” The woman grinned in satisfaction as she rose from her hiding place, a bow gripped lightly in her hands and a game bag hanging heavily with a rodent she had killed merely an hour ago. It had been long since she had visited these woods, but with the coming spring, the animals were easy pickings, leaving their shelters in search of the bountiful food and unbeknownst to them that they were being hunted. She was able to get even more food now with the skills she did not have a year ago, and the reaping of her abilities was clearly shown.

Alyssum smiled at the magpie as he inspected her game, the arrow sticking cleanly in the bird’s eye like he had said. “It seems like I’m getting better with my aim. At this rate, I think I’ll be able to even hit a hummingbird, right through its heart,” the woman bragged, poking Macbeth in his chest to empathize her point. “Aly don’t get smart with Macbeth,” he grumbled, smoothing the feathers that the woman had disturbed. “Still better hunter than you. If not for Macbeth, never would have found bird.” “Shush, I didn’t say I’m the greatest hunter out there—I could be if I keep you by my side.” He fell silent for a moment, but soon scoffed, “That right, Macbeth make up bigger half of two. Make the best because of Macbeth only, Aly knows.”

The hybrid just rolled her eyes, and clicked her tongue, followed by a short whistle, and the magpie took to the air again, chirping to the woman below him. The de Fonte sighed, placing the gorse in her bag, and then set out deeper into the woods, an arrow posed on her bow. The return of the various bird calls told her everything was at peace again, and she remained tense, ready to take down anything that gave her opportunity to. She was silent as she stepped around trees, foam eyes zeroing in on every detail that surrounded her.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread