You can’t have peace without a war
[html]
[/html]Waith giggled impishly when Sparrow wondered whether Ithiel had ever laughed. She was about to agree with her when she remembered that they had enjoyed making fun of that dumb coyote, Col, together. Wraith couldn’t remember if he’d laughed, but she was pretty sure he had. Even if he hadn’t, they’d had fun, so that was all that mattered to Wraith.

She perked up when Sparrow mentioned her brother. The arrow completely forgotten, she grinned widely at her acquaintance. Nate was so smart! She really did love her brother and was very proud of him. Even though Sparrow hadn’t met Lucilla yet, it didn’t bother her; her sister did her own thing and had her own friends. She was proud of all her siblings--Lucilla, Nate, and Valkyrie--so she was just happy to mention them at any moment. She wondered if Lucilla and Sparrow would get along. Sparrow seemed nice enough, so she didn’t think it would be impossible.

When Sparrow explained that she had always had a small family, Wraith nodded as her mouth formed a small ‘o.’ She wasn’t sure why, but the way Sparrow said it made her feel sad. Sparrow didn’t think she sounded very sad, but Wraith thought that only having one parent--her mother or her father? She wasn’t sure--would be a very sad thing indeed. Wraith had had both parental figures, if at different times in her life. Though, maybe Vesper was to Sparrow what Valkyrie was to Wraith: the real mother.

Wraith didn’t say anything in response since she didn’t know what to say. Instead, she let that little bit of the conversation slide. She giggled when Sparrow asked her whether she had ever considered bringing another arrow. Certainly! But she didn’t have any more.

“I would if I had more,” she explained, grinning. “I found this when I uh--went out scouting,” she recalled. She didn’t want to say that she’d gone looking for Boreas. She knew that others didn’t like it when she did dumb and dangerous things like that. “There weren’t any others and I guess having more would make it faster. Why, are there more somewhere that I could--borrow?”[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread