Everybody Lies
[html]

(514)s'all good, lilin can hold her own :>

Ebon lips curled upward as she smiled to herself, smug and clearly unable to contain her astonishment as a tantrum was thrown her way. She'd picked up on the girl's attitude through her silence and obvious reticence but never in a million years would she have expected the lecture that came her way. Both Stormbringers remained placidly silent during the igniting debate on display before her; Nahyt spewing forth her animosity and Hael reacting to it, aiming to do some damage control before things got out of hand. A brief glance was tossed back at the chocolate male next to her and while both Vinattans said nothing to each other, Bran's amused smirk offered a clear idea of his thoughts on the subject.

Lilin went off the assumption the youngster had little to no experience with pack joining procedures; offering one's loyalty in exchange for a family, food and shelter was unfathomable to her but in reality, many had spit on the hardships of a loner's life in order to join something greater; the promise of a better life. She knew this for a fact, having lived through it far too long. On the other hand, this brat appeared to know next to nothing about misery. Or if she did, it had not proved bothersome enough for her to understand that Lilin was not the one without a home. It wasn't until Nahyt blatantly spit on her offer, claiming to already have home and protection that Lilin finally gave in to a reaction - a subtle quirk of her brow, nothing more, before her own voice refuted her claim.

"Tell me, Nahyt, if you already have a home and protection - why is it that you're here, requesting to join our ranks?" she questioned, unable to quite grasp the logic behind their charade. "Many would kill for just a home and protection. If I can't trust you and your brother to be as devoted to Vinatta as Vinatta would be devoted to you, I don't see how having you around would be of any use to us." That much was true. With the impending threat of a Dawnrunner invasion and her family's safety as her top priority, she could do without the dead weight. She did not comment on their skills, distracted by Hael's insight and explanation as to why his sister was the way she was. "We have a very loose hierarchy around here. I frankly don't give two shits who you like or dislike. You're entitled to your own opinion, though I can't say I've met someone discriminating against their own kind before. As long as you give the females living here the same courtesy they'll give you, we shouldn't have a problem."

Bran offered a sullen nod then, echoing the Virding's statement. Although he did love the ladies and he certainly wouldn't mind an extra source of estrogen around, he did not want any disrespect aimed at Colibri and Miskunn. "If we have an agreement, I'll take you to the village." she offered with a sigh, wondering why she always got herself in these situations. "Well?"

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread