The life of a merchant
[html]

(--) Delayyyy sorry!

She stood where she was, gazing toward both of them with mild curiosity on her features. Though her ears were pricked forward, her tail did not wag. She did not mistrust Ithiel's instincts, but she knew his zealousness where it came to wolves. He was quick to judge and quicker to act in protection of their clan. She listened ot the pale wolf speak and nodded her comprehension, now beaming down at the younger canine. Myri hadn't ever dealt with a speech disability before, but she was willing to try. It would be easier with Lux there to interpret for the young coyote.

I will not hurt her, the tawny-furred hybrid promised. She could not hurt a child, no matter what -- even if Rain attacked her, she would defend herself, but she would not hurt the child. She settled down to the ground abruptly so she'd be more on a level with the youth, and motioned her closer. I promise, she said, holding up a hand as she did so. The smile returned once the solemnity of the promise disappeared. You make carvings? the hybrid asked politely. May I see them?

She glanced toward the father. What questions are these? This, too, was spoken pleasantly, but it lacked the extra nicety Myrika applied when speaking to the child. There was no reason to condescend to the father with a honey-sweet voice: he was an adult and unafraid, even after Ithiel's threats.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread