God, I love books.
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 328

Coeus looked up from his reexamination of the book to see the elderly canine walking towards him. He could hear the age and sickness that resided within the senior's voice but the scars showed a very different story while a shadow of a powerful youth showed in his depleted muscles. The young wolf dipped his head respectfully to the hybrid, "Good day to you as well." He smiled at the wolf, "My name is Coeus, it's a pleasure meeting you. I've been introducing myself a lot nowadays, heh, being a new one is hard work on the tongue."

He had rarely been in the presence of a wolf with such a battle history written on his body. His own body was relatively unharmed and whole, having no serious scars to boast about nor a proud war story to tell any pups that he met. Coeus had lived easily alone, other than the occasional conflict with the fauna but he never maintained the conflict or received serious injury. He supposed that he was lucky not to suffer through the pain of a grievous injury, but he had no story to tell. He read books, wrote things, and rode his docile mare into the greenery of the forest. In a way, he felt below the old canine to even speak to him.

But instead of wallowing, his tail swayed slightly eager to speak to the elder. "I've been enjoying the books that the library provides. I haven't seen so many books in, well, my whole life. I can confidently say it was the highlight of my month to walk into this place." His orangey eyes scanned the shelves once more, smelling the musk of old books and enjoying the warm, airy atmosphere that it provided. Something about leather colors, yellowed pages and the written word made him fuzzy instead. It was a feeling he had never experienced before.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread