God, I love books.
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 300+

The youth was almost too keen to explain the story to the older male. He had absorbed the book and even though his counterpart could not read, he was sure he would appreciate a good story. But as he thought over the content of the book, he felt a slight flush rise in his face. The story had been fraught with golden clad heros and wailing maidens. All the main characters were beautiful and all the antagonists were ugly. Even as he hesitated, he knew that it would be rude to deny the illiterate elder his answer, nor would he sink so low to lie.

"The book is called Damsel in Distress, it's a tale about a knight who rescued a princess from her ugly sisters who hated how beautiful she was. He had to risk his life to get to her, forging through her sisters' wicked tricks to get to her. However, through the trials he learned how to be strong, intelligent and patient. In the end, the beautiful princess and the knight lived happily ever after." Coeus smiled to himself, forgetting how unmasculine he would appear as he sighed, "It was quite an enjoyable story, occasionally I would see myself as the knight, though I am not nearly as gallant."

His cream colored hands stroked the weathered spine of the book, peering at the golden lettering that decorated it. A craftman had worked are on it, painting on the golden words in elegant swishes and strokes. Coeus could hardly imagine it, he was fairly fumbly with his fingers and was a poor painter. If smearing mud on walls was even considered painting. When he had run free art had very little presence in his life, it was hunt and eat, and avoid being eaten. Even then, books held a special place in his heart.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread