Five Fingers, Five Toes
[html]

OOC Loving this thread.

Word Count → 600+

The concern never melted out of Titania's features, and all of her attention was given to Fayne as she spoke. Though while she did, Titania moved so instead of crouching she was sitting next to her, the hand on her shoulder blades gently rubbing her back to comfort her. The alphess was in tune with her pack, and now that she was here with Fayne listening to her words and watching the way she fidgeted in her Optime form she was starting to suspect that there was more to this than she originally thought. Sure, much of this was probably about Palaydrian, but she wouldn't be surprised if there was a fear that ran deeper that was causing all of Fayne's inner turmoil.

She leaned forward a bit and looked into the woman's face, searching her eyes with that penetrating yellow gaze of her own. If she could get her to meet her eyes there would be no posturing, no power struggle there, and Titania would not take offense for sometimes eye contact was necessary. It was only in formal times and around strangers that she expected her pack to keep up rank posturing. Right now, they were one, and Titania was not about to assert her dominance over Fayne for no reason.

No, now Titania searched Fayne's eyes because they were the window into her soul, and there she could tell if the woman was hiding something or not. Or at least, she hoped she could tell. After a moment her eyes followed the view of Fayne's, and she looked down at the woman's toes as she wiggled them.

Titania crossed her legs, sitting indian-style next to Fayne with her shoulder butting up against hers – wolfish affection was still possible even in this form. “It's okay, that's what I'm here for. You can always look to me for strength when you are feeling weak, for courage when you're frightened, and for love when you're feeling lost.” She let that thought hang in the air for a moment. “And I will always look to my pack for the same, because no one can be perfectly strong all the time.” She hoped Fayne understood that whatever she was feeling was okay.

Her eyes turned to her hands, and she reached out for Fayne's restless fingers. Touching her forearm she let her hand trace down Fayne's arm until their fingers met, and then she laced them together, taking Fayne's hand and joining for strength, then rested their interlocked fingers on Fayne's lap. Fayne could easily pull away or deny the gesture if she wanted to, but Titania was growing fond of some of the different ways they could express their affection in Optime form.

“I will never ignore your tears. They are there for a reason, and they tell me that there is something I can do to help you.” Especially if Fayne really believed Palaydrian was ok, then that was just one more clue that her sorrow had more to it than just Palaydrian's attack. “What else troubles you?” She never looked away from Fayne, searching the woman's face, her eyes and body telling her that it was okay to let go. It would be ok to tell her alphess. “I know there was something else wrong in the den. There is something else wrong now too, and I know whatever it is that you can come to terms with it if you can face it. Your pack can help. You don't have to tell everyone, I am pack and you can entrust your worries in me. I will never use them against you, and I will never tell anyone if you don't want them to know.”

<style type="text/css">
.fairequeen b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffb0; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px; text-shadow:#5c5924 0px 0px 1px;}
.fairequeen p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.fairequeen {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#9a9761; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/swBQV.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5c5924; border-radius:10px; padding: 3px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c5924; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.fairequeen .wordcount {color:#ffffb0; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5c5924; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#5c5924 0px 0px 1px;}
.fairequeen .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread