we prove ourselves
[html]

If you could only see the beast you’ve made of me
I held it in but now it seems you’ve set it running free

Word Count → 392 :: sorry if it wasn't clear before, but sparrow is in optime form. ^^; but, i don't think you guys have to edit anything. <3 just mentioning it.

Sparrow thought for a moment she could hear shuffling, but she reminded herself that both her and the Lykoi was probably making the noises, but she began to worry even further that something was wrong.

When she mentioned that she scented something, he too stopped and detected the same smell. She now wanted to turn back, to promptly avoid whatever it was; it was starting to disturb her, and she did not want to face it. But, before she could suggest such, the male went forward, encouraging her to follow after. She swallowed her fear, but it choked back up when he said that someone was out there, and stuck close to Jacinto as they continued forth.

After he made his challenge, she hesitated, stopping only for a moment before taking another step. But, as she moved forward, she heard the slightest of whispers, and her breath caught in her throat. When the beast flew out of the underbrush, his once quiet voice now an unclear screech, she became winded, stumbling backs and away from the targeted Lykoi.

Though she fell, she kept scrambling backwards from the snarling wolf, cloak catching on the grasses and overall slowing her down. But, she didn’t care. She needed to run, whether it was to her sister, other canines, away from Inferni, she needed to get away from the wolf. She knew he had the intentions to kill, and all her instincts screamed for her to turn and run.

The only thing that stopped her was Jacinto; she couldn’t see him clearly from her low vantage point, but Sparrow knew that she could not leave him. Her mind said to desert him and to leave him dead, just a mere something to distract the wolf so that she could run; in her mind, she was lucky that Jacinto was here to buy her some time. Her heart, her reasoning, her humanity said to help him; he was a clan mate, a friend, a living being and not an expense for her own survival.

She dug her claws into the soil, picking up dirt and even some gravel, and got to her feet as quickly as possible. Thinking that he must have been focused on the coywolf male, Sparrow attempted to grab the wolf around his neck from behind, to try to wrestle him away from Jacinto.

<style>
.sparrowaly-howl {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-howl p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-howl p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-howl .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-howl p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-howl b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
The saints can’t help me now, the ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallowed ground

[/html]

Messages In This Thread