a bouquet of bruises
[html]

Skoll grinned sheepishly under the stare of the black stallion, which no longer looked so majestic and powerful and dangerous with the flowers in his mane. His ears quickly swiveled toward the sound of Adelle’s voice as she explained that she had gotten him as a gift from someone named Isa.

“Who’s that?” he asked, even though he didn’t feel jealous; he had plenty of grownup friends in the Court, too, and he really wanted the girl to have friends for when he wasn’t around. He mused darkly about the distance separating Casa di Cavalieri from the Kingdom then decided it could always be worse. When she mentioned taking a friend on a little journey, he straightened and blinked. “Huh—oh.” Ginger ears did their best to disappear in his messy blonde mane. “Th-that sounds really fun. I mean, I traveled a little too, and fought a bear, but I didn’t visit the packs and stuff.” The words poured clumsily from his mouth, a direct attempt not to beg her to let him come.

A perhaps too-eager grin flashed across the other’s dark-masked face, but Skoll failed to recognize her movement for concentrating on that grin. He tried to jump back when she swung at him, but a black fist connected with his chest. He was just barely able to keep his balance, one hand jumping to the bruised spot as he panted, peering at her in surprise.

At last, a snort left him, and he crossed his arms. “Fine, I deserved that,” he said, trying to sound grouchy and failing. “Ask your question.” He wouldn’t be very gallant if he refused the lady her question, after all.

<style>
.sklun {width:500px; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/dpwev6.png); background-color:#e8f6de; background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; border:#000 1px solid; color:#444; font-family:Times New Roman, times, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:210px 0px 0px;}
.sklun p {padding:1px 16px 0px; text-indent:40px;}
.sklun b {color:#568931;}
.sklun p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; text-indent:0px;}
.sklun p.wordcount {font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread