a bouquet of bruises
[html]

Awkward Skoll is awkward. What's wrong witchu, boy?

350 words

Skoll did not have the training his friend did, even though she had shared plenty of what she knew with him. He didn’t have the advantage of growing up in a pack of warriors where training might even consist of watching other members out sparring. It surprised him that he was taking this path, simply going with the flow rather than making any rash attacks like he was used to, but it felt right. He’d waited for an opening, taken it, and then success!

And now they were on the ground. His claws raked through her fur, then stopped on the edge of her arm. His green eyes latched onto her icy ones, and he scooted back quickly, slightly embarrassed and definitely bashful, when she sat up. Had the pair been older, it might have been awkward for hormonal reasons, but Skoll was more freaking out about being in contact with this wonderful girl at all. It was kind of nice to be close.

“I do?” the prince asked, his mind still not quite registering what he’d done. Then: “Oh.” And: “That wasn’t my question!”

The boy sat on the ground with a huff, brushing his hair out of his face thoughtfully. It had to be a good question, because what if he couldn’t hit her again? But he was too shy to actually voice some of the things he was curious about. He didn’t want to ask a too personal question if it turned out to be a bad or private one, either. He scowled, nothing coming to mind, until he lowered his ears and spoke up in a very uncharacteristic meek voice.

“Do you think I’m weird?”

Skoll looked away with a scowl as he realized the question kind of sounded whiny and really stupid. If she didn’t think he was weird already, she definitely would now. But it was still a valid concern, especially because he didn’t know if she liked him—well, liked him liked him. And he’d been weird about the flowers, and his idea about this weird game, and just everything around her lately.

<style>
.sklun {width:500px; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/dpwev6.png); background-color:#e8f6de; background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; border:#000 1px solid; color:#444; font-family:Times New Roman, times, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:210px 0px 0px;}
.sklun p {padding:1px 16px 0px; text-indent:40px;}
.sklun b {color:#568931;}
.sklun p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; text-indent:0px;}
.sklun p.wordcount {font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread