a bouquet of bruises
[html]

We can maybe wrap this up soon? Since you've been gone, I figure it'd be easier to just go with a new thread anyway ... so they can angst with each other. xD

301 words

Green eyes had fallen down to the grass he fidgeted with, but the gesture of her hand grabbed their attention. Her dark hair might not have been carefully styled, but he liked how it was cropped and curled around her face. It made her look girlish, even if she wasn’t classically feminine, while his only made him look like the wild child he was.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched her play with her necklace before that got awkward. Besides, she was nodding, and the boy felt some tension leave his body; at least he wasn’t completely insane about this. When she admitted to feeling strange around him as well, though, his heart skipped a beat and he had to hide his surprise.

“Y-yeah,” Skoll agreed, “floaty.” And he went back to plucking blades of grass; he had a nice little pile going. There were a few dozen rapid heartbeats of silence before he realized that this wasn’t going to get them anywhere, and so the next best thing was to blurt his theory.

“I guess that means I like you. And I mean, a lot, like like like. And, well, that’s kinda okay with me if it’s okay with you. I just don’t… I just don’t know what I’m supposed to do about it.”

That was the crux of the problem. He liked her just like Liam liked Robin, like Romeo liked Juliet (except waaay less icky, and all that lovey stuff made him barf anyway), but there wasn’t any way to channel that besides what they were used to—sparring, playing, talking. He guessed he just wanted to know everything about her, which was the point of the game, which would maybe make him like her even more until he knew what to do about it.

<style>
.sklun {width:500px; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/dpwev6.png); background-color:#e8f6de; background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; border:#000 1px solid; color:#444; font-family:Times New Roman, times, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:210px 0px 0px;}
.sklun p {padding:1px 16px 0px; text-indent:40px;}
.sklun b {color:#568931;}
.sklun p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; text-indent:0px;}
.sklun p.wordcount {font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread