my heart's beating; is it serious?
[html]
[/html]“Ugh,” she replied in a long breath. She was definitely not looking forward to the Nova Scotian summer. She had experienced plenty of them and every summer, all she could think of was how much nicer winter was. Even if the winters here were rather temperate, food was far more plentiful, which was a definitely bonus. She missed Quebec, certainly, but she had more here to miss, so she didn’t feel sad or lonely. She just wanted it to snow!

When he mentioned that he knew a weaver – once – she raised her brows in expectation. Maybe, if they were still doing well and their relationship was a positive one, he could ask for aid. It would certainly help. But then, she’d only just met this fellow and it was rather tough to offer much advice to someone like that. Of course, she was glad to have helped in some form. Maybe after this, he really would go and learn how to weave. It would certainly make her feel as though she’d done something useful: suggesting a workable idea.

“It’s nice to meet you – Ezra,” she replied after a pause before his name. “I’m Tayui Aston. You’re… from a new pack, I’m guessing?” The name he gave her was unfamiliar and she wasn’t sure if his title was Hollr or if he was Ezra Hollr of Vinatta. She’d heard some use the old forms of nomenclature around here, especially the French, whose names were often reminiscent of an older day. Although Tayui wasn’t really from an ash tree settlement like her name implied, she liked to think that along the way, one of the Quebec natives had been, which was how she’d gotten her name.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread