[aw] fell asleep at the dusk of man
[html]

Word Count :: 233 OOC

For a moment, Helotes thought that Myrika might refuse to hold his son, but she soon proved him incorrect, and dismounted to reach up to hold him. Helotes smiled and gently gave his tiny child to the woman, and at first the creature squealed at the sensation of being away from his father’s warmth and smell, but then became very curious about the new, unknown person that was holding him.

He looked into Myrika’s face with his wine-colored gaze, like she was the most awesome thing he had ever seen, and ever so slightly his tiny stub of a tail wagged. The Lykoi male laughed, Ah, we don’t have a name for him yet… He said, still smiling, Zana and I aren’t sure what to name him; it has to be something strong, because he is strong. Helotes suddenly felt the immense swell of pride that he could only apply to fatherhood.

He began musing then, letting the warmth of the moment flow through him, before looking back from his son to Myrika, I never thought I would be father, at least, not a good one. I thought I would be doomed to be like my own father. But I can’t imagine ever hurting my children… parenthood is like a drug. He looked at her quizzically, as if his own words confused him. He obviously wasn’t representing his thoughts through words very well.

Image courtesy of Brujo+; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_HL1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_HL1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_HL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:# 758e78; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_HL1 {background-color:#2f2c2c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#999; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #141313; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4239 ... slykoi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:389px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_HL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread