[aw] the beauty of the breaking
[html]

(--)

Eris is by me!

It would seem isolation was not so easily found, though Eris did suppose it was better this way. Why hold her rank if all she did was skulk around avoiding everyone's gaze? It didn't even seem she mattered, anyway, since Salsola was continuing on as it always had. Isabella was regarded with sharp chartreuse eyes for a moment as the dark woman peered toward her. Part of her wanted nothing more than to respond candidly. Larkspur -- my dead mate -- made a pyre for our sickly daughter just there, she would say, and point to the spot where they'd set Shibboleth aflame. Such a statement would serve nothing, however, and the dark-furred woman knew better than to say such a thing, no matter how aching her grief.

I like this edge of our territory, she finally said. It was a lame answer, but not a lie. She did like this part of the territory -- sometimes she even thought she could still smell the deep, smoky scent of old fire on the ground where Shibboleth had burned, and she liked to imagine Larkspur's scent was entangled with that fiery scent. The sea at our back protects us from harm. Why have you come out here? she returned, thinking it might draw away from her own lame answer to have Isabella speak of herself.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread