[aw] the beauty of the breaking
[html]

-

Isabella's hands clung to her upper arms, crossed across her chest as she peered away from the obsidian woman. Her fingers could wrap around her limbs if she had so wanted, thin as she was. But her curves were in the right places. The sea churned as she waited for the woman to reply, wondering what ran through the Auxiliary's mind. Life could not have been easy for her, and had not seemed to change much after her last encounter with the woman. Eventually, Eris answered and Isabella knew that all was not quite well with the woman. So many were eloquently inclined here that it was strange to hear someone so highly admired and exalted along the social ladder be so terribly mundane. Her sorrow was reasoned; children and mate gone to the Mother, it could not have been easy.

"To take some air, my Auxiliary," she said gently, using the honorific rank name to remind them both of their individual ranks - especially compared to one another. "I had a slave assist me in placing a waxed tarp roof over my home. I have too many things that can be ruined by rain and snow," she explained, eying the charcoal woman with cloudburst colored eyes. "You seem morose. Might I help?" asked the gypsy, tone calm though slightly worried. Her glimpses at the leadership had been few lately, but the last time she had seen Sirius he had been wounded. And Eris crumbling from the depression of loss.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread