[aw] the beauty of the breaking
[html]

I don't think they'll fight, since Isabella uses daggers, and that's fighting with intent to kill. She only wants to slap sense into Eris. Also, since the ranks changed and Eris moved down, should I expect punishment? xD

Eris rebounded quickly from the strike, suddenly more full of life and passion than she had been in the time Isabella had spoken to her. A brief smug smile crossed her lips before it disappeared as the woman began her tirade. The fire in the woman's eyes was back, though it was directed at her with an angry passion. She worried for her well being in the pack, as she was upsetting someone so high ranking. But surely it was understood. Wouldn't anyone else understand where she had been coming from? Surely others were as tired of this worn-down woman as she had been.

Anger bubbled up in her heart, for this woman who screamed at her. Her points were invalid and they made no sense at all. "Lead? That would be true if it weren't quite so funny!" countered the woman with venom. Her accent slipped and the French lilt to her tones weakened. She had been born and raised in English Ontario and the Quebec had not affected her tones quite so much. It was all an act, though one she maintained quite often. "I bet you could not tell me the last thing you did that counted as leading?" She waved her hand dramatically toward the ruins. "Can anyone here say the same of you, Eris?"

Isabella ignored the desire to growl at the woman, choosing to cross her arms over her chest. "You may tell him. Feel free to. I fear no one when the truth comes from my lips." Secretly, her heart fluttered in fear. She was not sure how the King would respond to her slapping his second. He might not like that she called Eris a weak woman. "What are you afraid of, Eris? Death? Surely one like you walks hand in hand with the hand of death?"

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:600px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread