[p] and in the south
[html]

(--)

Tlantli is by Alaine!

The slim woman turned on her heels, presenting her back to Mete. I do not forget Baphomet, the coyote said, speaking this in thickly accented English. Mete's ears swiveled at the introduction of this other tongue -- though he knew it perfectly well, the flaxen male seemed taken aback by its use. Tlantli's tone was flat, and muddled further by their second tongue -- this was her intent; she hadn't wished her brother to discover the venom behind these words. Though Mete had raised her from childhood, she did not trust him or anyone else with the lives of her own children. I remember, but I do not fear, she added, returning to Spanish and speaking with a gentle tongue. I will not have my children sent away as I was. They are mine, and I will protect them.

This family is mine, she said, turning back toward Mete. There was no possessiveness in her voice, nor any complaint from her elder half-brother, as she'd expected. I will bring us back to where we belong, father. You did our blood-father proud, and you did all you could for us. I need you to pretend a little longer, though. There was no hint of pleading in the flaxen-haired woman's voice, no question -- this was a command, clear as she'd ever given. Though Tlantli gazed toward her father-brother with calm red eyes, inside she was roiling with anxiety. Should he deny her, she might well have to shed his blood for her birthright.

<style>
#tlantliAlaine {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlantliAlaine p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlantliAlaine p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#tlantliAlaine .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlantliAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlantliAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlantliAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlantliAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread