Walking the line
Garnet really felt bad now for yelling at her mother, but she couldn’t take it back so there wasn’t all that much point in worrying about it. The black coyote shifted her feet as her mother spoke with just as much fire as Garnet had only moments before. But Asphyxia was right; she didn’t know what it was like to care about someone that much. She didn’t know what it was like to think that everyone she had loved was dead, because Garnet had never once thought that her mother might have died in the fire. And, until this very moment, she hadn’t thought that her dad could be dead either. It now struck her that it was possible that he was dead. And then Garnet realized why Asphyxia might have believed that; it would have been less painful than to think that he might still be alive, but with someone else.

Garnet moved closer to her mother as she begged forgiveness. She never thought that she would hear her mother talk like this, but she was now. And Garnet was somewhat older now, almost to her shifting age, and she was just starting to grow out of being a puppy. In fact, it seemed as though she had grown up since she had first spotted her mother. ”Mom, you don’t need to be forgiven, but if you want to hear those words, then of course I forgive you. I’m sorry I yelled, I really shouldn’t have. And you are right, I don’t understand completely, but I can try to.” Garnet moved forward and then hesitated for a moment before nuzzling her mother. Hopefully, the physical contact would help more than words could.

Messages In This Thread