J-one more tango
[html]

bit of powerplaying to speed this along, hope this is okay.

Word Count » 441

my road to hell is surely paved

It was tiring, Selene had to be very honest. And the sense of belonging somewhere had long since been extinguished with the dispersal of her gang. But at least--A single selfish thought came to her mind. There would be longer times spent with Fritz. She couldn't keep her eyes off him for very long, the writhing dragons of fear, frustration, and sorrow all settled down when he kissed the top of her head.

The kitties soon found that their motherly warmth had abandoned them, and wriggled free of the blankets to cry softly, moving towards the behemoth man and petite woman. It was fascinating how they didn't fear, how they didn't see Fritz's height as a threat. Plucking them from the ground, the little woman smiled, petting their down-like fur. "Navo and Java. A little while ago--Ismeme came back...She apologized. She's--pregnant. But she gave me them, as a gift. A peace-offering." Sel had thought it a clever gift. Something other than and expendable carving or an item of wealth. Isa had given her a piece of life. Maybe now she forgave the poor pregnant grey woman. But it was Hadley, she couldn't bring herself to like him.

The short coydog glanced to the horses, watching them carry the wares around as they grazed as if they were nothing. Tall ears lifted curiously as her lover's irresistible accented voice slipped from a spotty muzzle, a pack due west? That was surely--interesting. She focused those mahogany gazers back towards the sea after he spoke, nodding softly. "It wouldn't hurt to try...I think we should, I mean--We've tried before, right?" The Italian gave one of the most sardonic, silly smiles. Yes, they had tried a lot. "And as long as I'm with you...It won't be so bad."

She moved up from her seat upon the soft ground, the kittens cradled close to her chest. The girl hated to put them away, keep them in the cage. At least it had enough space, was safe, and easy to take along. She walked herself and Fritz over to the horses, the cage dragged gently along the soft ground at her feet. Ignoring the little indignant mews, Sel clipped the cage loop to the horse, swinging herself up onto the back of her pale horse.

A while later, they were both upon their horses. Fritz had helped with the directions whilst Sel dutifully and curiously followed. They chatted, a mish-mash of loving words and concerns for the future. The air around them changed, smells of passing canines abound showed them that they were close. They stopped their horses, Sel glancing to her lover. "Think this is it?"

<style>
.sel-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px;  word-spacing:2px;  text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sel-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.sel-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.sel-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sel-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.sel-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.sel-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sel-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread