J-one more tango
She was right about him not wanting to rush her into having a family or him caring about her age. Yes, he wanted children with the woman next to him but he wanted them both to be ready and for them to not regret it or to come between them. They had only become mates not too long ago and they hadn’t really spent a lot of time together with Corsair having tried to start with him co-leading it. But now that was no longer going, they could spend time together and develop as a couple rather than a family right away.

They got off their horses soon after they arrived and they stood rather close to each other. She seemed to feel better when he squeezed her hand. So much so that she went on her tiptoes and kissed his chin. He grinned down at her and said, "I'll return that kiss more properly later, love." He then gave her a playful kiss on the top of her head. But he held on to her for a moment and whispered softly, "I love you too." But he gave her an amused look as she said he couldn't die and gave a snort of laughter. "I'll be sure to tell that to whoever I fight." Not that he was going to be stupid and look to get himself killed. But he figured that she knew that.

Someone approached, a male that was friendly but dominant. Fritz lowered his head and tail to be submissive and glanced at Selene as she spoke, nodding at what she had to say. He figured getting their skills out in the open was good. "I can fight and protect fairly well. I can also hunt and know a bit about construction of various types. I can also read and write English and know some low speech. I also now a bit about math." So he was a bit of a renaissance man but that tended to be a plus.

Messages In This Thread