on and on
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freetable4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0efec; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freetable4ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freetable4 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 28px 10px 27px;margin:0px;}
.freetable4 {width:425px;border:1px solid #566878;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... table4.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:278px;background-color:#24465f;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#c1ccc6;}
</style>

wc 359

"Andara," she repeated tentatively, savoring the girl's foreign name before nodding decisively. "Pretty name." And it was. The Virding couldn't trace its origins or meaning, if any. Not many parents based their offspring's names off nasty little imps hailing straight from Akkadian mythology, such as Lilin. Whatever the inspiration behind the youngster's name, she certainly hoped it did not resemble what had driven Lillith Stormbringer to name her only child after shadow daemons. Andara surely had a story of her own, as did everyone, but Lilin made a solid effort not to pry into the adolescent's business until she was ready to share - if that moment ever came. She herself had never explicitely shared memories with anyone, not even Saul.

Mediterranean blue irises followed the lavender gaze of her interlocutor relentlessly, picking up on the obvious interest in the girl's eyes only moments before an inquiry tumbled forth. "Wha-?" she stammered, knitting her eyebrows into a frown before realization washed over her. "Oh!" Her right hand settled over the birthmark then, fingers tracing the approximate outline of the symbol as she mulled over an answer. She couldn't control the smirk that found her lips; many had wondered the same and none had been so bold as to ask out loud- it was comical in a way, how this child turned out to be bolder than anyone she'd met thus far. "I wondered the same for a very long time- a birthmark of sorts. I stumbled upon the same symbol in one of my books once. Turns out its the first letter of my name in Hebrew," she explained with a shrug, ushering Andara forward with a hand gesture. They could head back to Jordheim and talk at the same time.

"Maybe Loki's attempt at a joke," she gathered, throwing in another speculation for good measure. According to Miskunn and the elders, the Stormbringers descended from the Trickster himself. The Soulstorm heir surprised herself, realizing how much the Godja's teachings had rubbed off on her in less than a full moon's time. "Are you familiar with the Norse Gods, Andy?" she questioned, sparing a sideway glance at her guest.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread