[m] [p] there's a price you pay
[html]

(366) Wheeeee sorry for the delay. >_> I have been a busy Sie!

The tawny-furred woman was content to watch the storm roll in. The porch leaked in places, but there was plenty of dry cover. Even if she did get a little damp, Myri did not mind. Rain felt good, and this storm was shaping up to be an intensity. The air was still, but just moments later, the winds blew strong again, carrying the dark and rain-laden clouds ever-closer. Noises from inside the mansion caught her attention, and the woman twisted her head to watch Jacinto Lykoi emerging from the innards of the big house, cupping a hand over a flame to light a smoking stick. The sharp tinge of the smoke told Myrika what it was well enough, and she inhaled curiously. Ezekiel smoked this -- she had never been brave enough to ask him for any, however.

She grinned at his surprise and shook her head, still smiling. No, it's okay, the hybrid said, sidling over towards him. I was just watching the storm, she said, eyes on him. I've been pretty good, actually, since the end of those wolves, she said, shrugging a big shoulder. It wasn't an enjoyable thing, killing and fighting, but with the threat gone, we can all relax, at least. She didn't know Jacinto well; it occurred to her she hadn't really even spoken to him since he'd even joined with the clan. Guilt flickered through her, and her ears turned downward, half-mast with this realization.

I guess it's not really either of our faults if we haven't talked since you came to Inferni. Stuff's been busy lately, right? she said, nudging him with an elbow and smiling. How have you been? she asked. A crackle of thunder caught her attention and she looked toward the skies. The trees were swaying with the wind, the occasional leaf and other debris hurtling through the air. Though it was an impressive sight, the winds weren't strong enough to carry anything heavier than a small twig. Perhaps branches would fall, but at least the D'Neville was safe. Most of the biggest trees were far enough away from the house.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread