Trader
[html]
lolol! WC: 435

Colibri was a mistrustful soul, having been betrayed and hurt by many others in her past. If she had encountered Amy Sunders in a neutral territory, she would not be nearly so open. But she had a deeply rooted faith in the pack she had helped to found here, and she assumed that others would respect what they stood for, and not pose a threat to her. It did not occur to her that Amy might not be completely truthful about the values of their exchange; it was all new to her. New and fascinating, as the cheerful female began to show off a little. "Across the ocean...? Really?" she breathed in awe, watching the golden statue Amy handled for emphasis. It was decadence beyond her comprehension.

Coli looked a little crestfallen when Amy explained that her merchandise would have a higher worth. It made sense, though; it was difficult to transport plants for long without them wilting or losing leaves. Some were pickier than others, requiring more sunlight than a covered wagon could offer. "Would two for one be fair, then? Two of my plants for each of yours?" she asked hopefully, tilting her head. It was a wonderful opportunity to get something rare without risking her own life out in the wild lawless territories. It would be worthwhile, since she could slowly replace her own stock over time. "I... I also have some apple seedlings that were difficult to transport here," she added, reluctant to give them up because of their connection to the disbanded pack Crimson Dreams. She could part with a few, though, she did not need all of them. It would be years before they would bear fruit anyway. "I could add some of those to my offer. Or..."

Dropping her voice to a conspirator's whisper, she edged a little closer to the trader, adding, "If... you collect poison, I have some nightshade and jimson weed flowers and leaves. They can be boiled to create a liquid form, or swallowed whole." Her packmates did not know she collected poisons, and she did not want to tell them unless she had to. But it was possible this dog would be interested in them, being a female loner that surely had to defend herself from time to time. It had not been that long ago that Coli herself lived that way, and if not for her little hobby, she would not be alive now. It made her nervous to mention it aloud, though, cringing as she expected a negative reaction. She just hoped that would be enough to work out a trade.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread