the daydreamer's nightmare is to never even try
[html]

(--) omg I have no idea. INSTANT LOVE YES? Can end here or reply again if want. 83

Myrika is by me!

The fight between wolf and coyote extended far back and beyond Inferni, and Myrika did not hold high hopes of ending the old blood feuds. Still, she could at least mitigate them during her time as Aquila, however long that might be. She knew a coyote was just as capable of harm as a wolf; there was, in the end, little difference between Canis latrans and their larger cousins, at least where Myri was concerned. Her only hope was to make certain Inferni was a safe place for its members.

She nodded, remembering Zalen and how she'd been frightened of him at first. Yes, she agreed. He thought I was nice, for a coyote, she said, twitching her shoulders in a shrug beneath the scarred woman's forepaws. We can hope for peace, but we can't force it, she said. If Inferni's attacked again, by anyone... she trailed off. She'd have to be more than a scout and a fighter -- she'd have to be a battle commander, as Ezekiel was.

She decided to make light of it. I had better pick up books on warfare, if that happens, she admitted. She'd have a lot of learning to do, if that was the case, for she could not roll over on her back and expose Inferni's stomach to attackers.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread