Beauty in the mire
[html]

--

He seemed all smiles and looks of praise, which only made the gypsy woman smug. Her power over men only boosted her elevated ego higher, and her failures were swept from her mind to keep from hurting her heart. She had to keep a power over men, she had to have it all the time or else what was she? But she knew there was no failure here for this was a man who could be swept under her waves of seduction. Not that it seemed to be all that difficult, but it was nice to imagine it as so.

Reykr's eyes roved and roamed and she kept her look level. There was no reason to be modest here, but she preferred not to play all her cards at once. "Reykr," she said slowly, letting her tongue roll out his name as though tasting the vowels and feeling the shape of them between her lips. Isabella smiled at him, her eyes half-lidded in a lazy way but her eyes were focused with full clarity on the man's face. "Very well, Reykr it is." Pet names were not something she liked, preferring to reserve them for close family, of which she had none here.

Isabella bobbed her head and smiled slowly, letting it spread over her features like mercury. "That would be lovely. I want to take as many as I can. I'm sure the Kingdom would appreciate more heavily fragrant oils for disguise," she said honestly. They were all family, were they not? Secrets she had and secrets she would keep but this was her profession. There was pride in her voice as she added, "I'll be making a large batch with all these flowers." It was something she knew how to do that others were not as good at doing. Her oils were getting better and better and she knew someday they would be terribly high quality that she would not want to part with them anymore. Perhaps. "Would you kindly?" she asked, gesturing to the rest of the flowers.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread