you're just like, sunlight.
[html]

"Perhaps." If he was young, he might have had been scared the way Emma had been. It didn't justify his actions, but it did explain them. Since he didn't have to carry the children, he could run away from responsibility faster than she could.

All these thoughts were dissipated when his age was mentioned. The ginger coyote flattened her ears, and she frowned. Her expression displayed just the smallest amount of teeth; she was trying not to show anger around her friend, in case she thought it was directed at her. She had an urge to find the man then and there, and smack some sense into him. She opened her mouth to say something, then stopped upon seeing the smile on her companion's face. She was obviously still smitten with man, despite what he'd done to her. Insulting him might not be the best way to go. "He should know better," was the politest amount of disapproval she voiced. "I need to have a talk with this... 'Angel'. She might not be able to convince him to help with the pups, but she was sure as hell going to try to make him feel guilty if he didn't.

When the direction turned to her own experiences, Alma wasn't sure what to say. She had few interactions with men - well, interactions that involved romance. Kit and Ithiel were the most recent and memorable; it was possible some male had made a passing comment expressing attract while she had been traveling, but she didn't remember it. Nor would she have cared during the two years she had been alone, as she had still been grieving over her father's death.

"Not often," she admitted. "Only two of them have expressed any sort of attraction to me in recent memory... and one was very rude. He only wanted sex. I had to tie him up and shove him in pink clothing to get him to stop bugging me." Alma wasn't sure she should mention she had been more attracted to the male when he was tied and dressed in such a foolish manner; she still had no idea whether she should be ashamed of that or not. It might be too much for her companion to take, considering she herself did not understand it. "The other one was much more polite. I wasn't really sure about it at first, but then he made it obvious by giving me these." She gestured to the bracelets on her wrists.

"If it wasn't for that, I might have gone on being much more oblivious. Neither of us are very... expressive. Actions spoke louder than words, in this case." She paused, wondering if her lack of advice and good fortune might make her friend more depressed. She certainty didn't want to babble on about Ithiel while she was upset. "You said you need to get away, right? Perhaps we can travel together before you become too pregnant. I have stuff I was going to travel to the other packs and trade..." She thought of the ragged clothing she'd acquired from Halifax, as well as some of the more puzzling items she had yet to figure out the use for. "...I just haven't gotten around to it. You can bring some of your stuff, too. Maybe we can find something to distract you, and the trip itself might provide that as well. Give you and him both some time to think."

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread