Bow Shots
[html] <style type="text/css">
.awfrodo-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#FFF3CD url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _Frodo.jpg) no-repeat bottom;width:90%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;color:#000;border:1px solid #91787B }
.awfrodo .name {font-family: 'Quattrocento', cursive;color:#4F2950;font-size:50px;padding:20px 0 0 10px;line-height:40px;text-shadow:#F7E3D5 1px 1px 6px;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .lyrics {font-family:arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#723004;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .in {margin:5px 10px 160px 10px; padding:7px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;background:url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _white.png);border-radius:5px;-moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px;}
.awfrodo p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:#FFF3CD 1px 1px 1px}
.awfrodo b {color:#602949;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

Frodo Silvertongue
Test my reality Check if there's a weak spot
Clingin' to insanity In hopes the world will ease up

The reassuring squeeze was all he needed to go by, all he needed to assure himself he wasn't being too friendly. The feeling was mutual, he guessed. He couldn't remember the last time he'd hugged somebody. As he took a step back on casual paws, she spoke to him and he didn't think he'd ever heard such kindly words. It was all he could do to refrain from grinning ear to ear like an idiot... instead he settled for a warm, slight smile. He liked someone who kept their promises, and hearing that he was apparently a "good friend" was frankly music to his ears.

Grace recognized him too, he could tell by the way she fumbled for him with her mouth. He rested his paw on her muzzle and looked her in the eyes. There was no need for breathing into her so she could get used to his scent; she was already familiar with it. His aroma was unique, for it not only smelt of his pack but of the life he had before it, smoke and dirt and pine trees. And salt from the sea. I knew she were a keeper. he said softly when Eclipse explained how she'd found the flaxen mare. Didn't know she were with child though, 'er son, he'll be a finer 'orse than Pod and Jester themselves. he noted, wondering what colouring he was, and who his sire had been. He almost felt tempted to ask if he could take care of it if it had no plans for the future, but on the other hand, he was already full up with duties and pups and his current horse.

Although he wondered why Grace had left her previous owner and ended up in CdA, he already had a hunch. Grace had been born wild, Lilliana had told him as much, but she'd perhaps forgotten how to be free. She wouldn't have known what to do, where to go to upon her mistress's death. She had loved Lilliana, if his eyes weren't deceiving him when he saw them together on his arrival to AniWaya. She had loved her, and she'd died. That must have been hard. Frodo didn't believe he'd lost anyone to death. Saul an' Skye sound like decent gaffers. Bu' Claudius is ever the skinkier. Yer be wise to've listened to him, Grace is imprinted ter yer as she were to Lilliana. he could tell. They were bonded already; Eclipse must have been something special in the eyes of horses to deserve the love of someone who's heart had already broken. Most horses couldn't bare the departure of their masters, had they once shared a bond. Angry? With you? No. he said, confused. I'm not. he assured her, and he hoped he hadn't scared her in any way. If he had seemed accusing, he was sorry for it. This girl was innocent.

I er, left me stuff back home base. he admitted. He beckoned her with one hand and smiled, letting her know it was okay to come into the territory with him by her side. They would just be there to collect his things, such as his bow, quiver, and perhaps Strider, and then they could set off. If yer wouldn't mind comin' with... dyer think I should bring my mount-o-horse, too? he asked casually as he strode back towards the village.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread