this is not a drive by
[html]

Should I PM you the message?

Alma froze when the question of her reading ability was asked. She took on a deer in the headlights expression, becoming very still and her eyes going very wide. "Uhm..." There was something about not being able to read that bothered her. So many in her travels had thought she was stupid because of the way she talked - slow and carefully - that she tried her best not to do anything to prove them right. Her days of wandering had long since gone (and she'd lost her slowness of speech), but old habits remained. Alma still held some fear that others in Inferni might think she was stupid for not knowing something, even though most of the clan had been friendly to her.

When the mottled woman explained that she had been in a similar position, Alma relaxed. "Oh... yes..." She admitted, shyly - which was strange for her; she'd gained so much confidence since she came to Inferni. Her eyes darted to the ground. "I can't read at all. Or write." She paused and took a deep breath,"Could you teach me how to do that sometime?" She looked up at Sparrow, still showing some nervousness, "I mean - not now, since you have a message to deliver. But... later? It looks like a useful skill."

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread