they [ s p u n ] a web for me.
[html]

(1017) :B you can ignore the last two paragraphs.

Her gaze was steady with the cornflower blues of her superior and her ears perked slightly as she spoke, then pressed themselves against her head. Even she wasn’t sure why she was confiding in Vesper, she wouldn’t bore the mottled coyote with what she was feeling and why, it just felt good to get it out to someone who may be able to help her. She didn’t expect her to force Angel into helping her, she just needed confirmation that she would be okay in the end. The future was dark and cloudy, and for once the sun wasn’t visible to the usually bright coy wolf. It was a strange, uncertain feeling and it did not lend any feelings of comfort to the younger woman. This may have been a part of growing up, but she was largely unaware of what to do and how to do it. Any pointers would be appreciated, but maybe it would be easier to find Zana or someone else in the clan that had pups before. Idly she wondered if Kaena would be of any assistance, but Emma did not wish to bother or disturb the woman with matters such as these.

“ Uhm.. “ She began, uncertain on how Vesper would react to her foolish actions. “ Well, we’ve been together a few times. Just speaking and such, but he seemed to have some sort of interest in me, or so I thought.. I came into heat and I think that was what might have influenced a lot of it. It was my first one, so.. Well, I didn’t know what to expect. Nobody has explained any of that kind of stuff to me, I left my mother when I was quite young. “ Emma said, gaze softening. The inexperience was evident in her words and tone. Would Vesper understand the girls predicament? Alma had been angry, very angry when she had heard about how old Angel was and she was pretty sure Alma though he had taken advantage of her. Maybe he had, but Emma had been the leader in all of it.. Well most of it, and Angel hadn’t pushed her away and stopped her. Maybe Alma was right. The flaxen haired beauty sighed heavily, her heart a dead weight in her chest. If this was how things were supposed to work, well, she didn’t like it one bit.

“ I don’t have any family around. I consider Inferni to be my family, and I appreciate that.. I also hope you are right.. “ She breathed, trying to smile a little. “ However.. If it was alright with you, me and Alma were going to go away for a week or so. Just to visit some other packs and maybe trade a few of our belongings for things useful for the clan. Did you know that you can make the blueberries by bass river into dye? “ She tried to string some humor into the tone of her words but the laugh that followed just sounded hollow and the girl frowned again, tail twitching behind her. It was best that she left the mansion soon, her room to close to Angels. Maternal nesting instincts had already started to kick in and mentally she went over what she would need to do when she came back. All of her furs and things would need to be put into a small den, where she would be alone. If Angel would have no part in her litter, then she wouldn’t force it upon him. He wouldn’t even know where she was, not that she expected him to look.

Her own fur was still stained in a few small placed with the blueberry she had conjured up and she looked at her fingers absently as she waited on the others words, scratching at the dyed fur. The rain had hardened by this point, making loud drop noises as it hit the plexi glass of the greenhouse. If any of the plants inside had been outside, rain as hard as this might have damaged the more fragile ones. It was warm in here though, and whatever parts of her that had been dampened in the downpour that was outside were now dry, thankfully. It would not do well to get sick when she was carrying puppies. Emma wondered just what her offspring would look like, would the take after her or their father? She smiled to herself as she imagined small coyotes running around setting things on fire and bugging everyone with legs. Her bi-colored eyes flicked to Vespers as she considered how they would react to the scarred woman. It did not seem like her centurion was the puppy type, how would she feel with little pups hanging off her legs, begging her to teach them how to fight.

With or without Angel, Emma would be a good mother. She could only try, right? Alma definitely would, but if the rest of the clan helped out in their own little ways then she might be alright. Maybe they would even be able to play with Zana and Helotes pups when they were old enough to not get injured by playing rough, as she doubted that any offspring of those two would have anything in their veins besides fire. It was a nice thought, one that brought a little comfort to her. However, she was drawn out of her thoughts as the very potent scents of the greenhouse brought her back down to earth and she pulled the watering can closer to her. Most of the plants still remained dry and she needed to fill up the can, though that meant venturing out in the cold looking rain. This did not appeal to her and slowly her gaze drifted out to the plants, checking which ones were ready to be harvested and dried. Inferni’s stock was slowly getting smaller and it was up to the medic of the clan to keep them in check. Maybe when her and Alma went trading they would bring back new plant varieties to add to the greenhouse.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread