[M] a heart divided
[html]

She took a small, involuntary gasp as Jazper's crushing grip loosened a bit, freeing her lungs to be able to breathe once more. She couldn't really say she appreciated the hug, but at least now it wasn't preventing her from being able to breathe or move. She snorted as Jazper began to say that he wouldn't want to follow someone who wasn't his friend.

"And I wouldn't want to follow someone who breaks down all the time," she said dryly and sardonically. She was slightly offended that Jazper insinuated that she didn't try to be friends with her members - of course she was friendly, but that wasn't what she was talking about. She was talking about sadness, defeat - things you should never show your pack, lest they begin to doubt and fear. Doubt and fear was not welcome in her pack anymore - she had seen what had happened when Shawchert allowed fear, doubt, and sadness take over his life. It almost destroyed him, and it planted the seeds of wariness in their pack - if they could not trust those who led them, who could they trust? How could it be called a pack, then?

She remained silent through Jazper's short story. So he had lost a mate as well. "I am sorry," she said quietly. "It must have been hard for you, to know that she did not share your dream." For your own mate to call you selfish, and then move to a place so far away so that they may never see each other again.. it may almost be worse than your mate leaving you with no trace.

"My mate left me as well," she said softly. "But he didn't tell me. He grew scarcer and scarcer, and one day he left and never returned. I don't know where he is now." She wasn't sure where he was, and she didn't know if he'll ever be back - she doubted it, for some reason. The gypsy spirit in Bangle couldn't have stayed silent and dormant forever.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread