Incentive
[html]

Um, okay. Feel free to powerplay them getting near the Mansion (I guess we decided Firefly could be kept in a storage shed there?? not sure where else she could be without a constant guard on alert). I guess give me and Garnet a few more posts so Anselm can explain things before jumping in, then, Shannon. :o

Half shifted, he prowled around. His teeth sank into the severed haunch of an unfortunate young buck, and every so often he'd run his tongue against it to taste the blood. He wasn't hungry, though, and this food was not for him. Bearing gifts to the enemy wasn't something he made a habit of, but he knew that hostages were useless if they were dead. Then they were simply casualties, and all bargaining power was lost. That annoying girl would have to eat.
He still hadn't decided how much he was willing to share, however. He'd already had his fill, so he wasn't concerned about that (in fact, some of the deer was still left for others to scavenge), but he didn't want to enable her with too much strength, either. Perhaps a half portion would be best--enough to survive, but not necessarily enough to get excited over. Hm.
Another coyote distracted him from his thoughts. Garnet. He flicked an ear casually as he stared at her; she was sitting with her back turned toward him. Quickening his step somewhat, he made his way over to her. He paused when he reached her side and spit out the remains of his catch, but he still stood over it (this behaviour was instinctive). He'd gotten an idea--maybe Garnet could help out with keeping track of Firefly. He honestly didn't want to be bothered checking in on the captive wolf too often (since he literally had more important things to do), but Garnet was about the same age as Firefly and could at least raise an alarm call if trouble arose.
"Not doing anything?" he asked, although he didn't wait for an answer. "Come with me." With that, he picked up the deer leg again and began to walk in the direction of the hut where Firefly was kept. He'd explain more once they got there.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread