sometimes the old ways are best
[html]

(--)

Draugr is by me!

The threat of outsiders was enough to bind them together, Draugr saw. They were a pack for that reason alone: those within Salsola were superior to outsiders. Certainly, there was the lone outlier who was more strong or cunning than the average Salsolian, but those outsiders would certainly pass muster at the borders. Draugr herself had seen such canines enter into their service before, scouting out their borders as she sometimes did.

But there were those within the pack privy to the ways of magic: at first, Draugr had considered their coal Auxiliary -- or once-Auxiliary -- one of those, but she was no longer certain. Anymore, it seemed her mother was the only one amongst them able to see through the smoke. It was her mother's training and teaching she wanted and valued above all else. I didn't know if I was worthy of walking in your footsteps, she admitted, albeit carefully. She was still not certain she'd pass all tests to come, but if her mother thought she was worthy of a start -- well, that was something, after all.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread