Comfort of the stranger
[html]
Word Count :: +700
OOC Poor Eclipse!

She noticed that the woman was about to ask more about what was wrong with her, and she appreciated it when she stopped. Her eyes looked the sand and brown colored woman over to see if she was bleeding anywhere, but she didn't see or smell any blood so she figured if anything she must have just been bumped around a bit. People didn't die from being a little knocked around... did they? The alphess was inexperienced, and knew little about what could harm a body to the point of death.

“Maybe you should sit down,” she offered, gesturing to an old fallen tree. It would make a nice place to sit. The girl seemed nice enough, she surely wasn't all territorial over her or this place and she liked that, so she walked over to the log and sat down and patted the spot next to her. Maybe the woman would feel less threatened if she sat down with her, she thought, instead of looming over her.

The greeting she gave though, it made Titania think. She had seen it before... from her pack's old friends, the Ichikans. It was a common greeting gesture. Had this woman been one of them before they disbanded? “It's nice to meet you, even if you had to get a little bumped up for it to happen. I'm Titania Moonsong, of New Dawn.” She was about to ask if the woman had been an Ichikan, but she would have been interrupting so she let Eclipse continue.

Her eyes flicked and she thought she could see a small circlet where the arrow had punctured the woman, but she might have just been imagining in because she wanted to see it. She nodded affably, smiling. “That must have hurt. I've never been shot, thankfully, and I hope not to, either.” She grinned.

Then she said something that might have made Titania blush, only she was sort of used to those comments by now, and kind of expected them being an Alphess and all. Not that she didn't appreciate it all the same, and her ego wasn't that inflated, but it was starting to become known to her that she wasn't exactly displeasing to the eye. Still, she smiled graciously and shook her head, although she didn't go as far as to disagree with her. “Thank you, but... I mean, maybe many men would be my mate, but would they love me? Zalen is my mate, and he loves me. I know it. At least, I thought so...”

Her voice grew meek, it was a very uncharacteristic thing for her. Her eyes finally fell away from her new friend and cast down to her hands as she twisted her fingers together. She didn't want to think about it, she had hoped that they could just keep talking about Eclipse falling off the stupid horse or if she was an Ichikan or not... she sighed and looked at her fat belly. “I thought I was pregnant.” She still held the weight, she had only found out a day ago after all, but now she was starting to convince herself that the chub was all wrong, and that she should have noticed sooner. “I came to visit my mother in the Court and tell her that she was going to be a grandmother, but she could tell something was wrong. We went to see her friend, a midwife, and she told me that my pregnancy was false. A hormonal pregnancy, and that was all... just a silly girl... no... babies...” she gasped out the last word as emotion wrenched her throat closed. She dropped her head into her hands, more out of embarrassment than anguish. She was grief stricken that she was not pregnant, but now the humiliation of it all was starting to sink in too.

“I did not even know it could happen. I didn't know how to tell. I told my mate that we were going to have puppies... I told the entire pack... and now I... how do I go back home and tell him I lied?” The alphess was lost, so lost that she turned her eyes to the stranger, seeking intimate answers from an unknown soul.

firefly come back to me, make the night as bright as day
template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread