left too late.
[html]
(+350) Ahaha, I love Tayui.

Vesper was filled with the kind of happiness that came when you didn’t have a single care in the world. You could feel the non-presence of your burdens, all the weight lifted off you and no longer weighing down the infectious gladness. Combined with the sight of her friend, this put the scarred coywolf on cloud nine. She laughed as the other grabbed at her ear in turn, the other’s shoulder and neck against her chest, and momentarily let go of her balance so she could fall back, rearing on her hind paws for a second. The older wolf backed away in that moment, and Ves herself managed to calm down, returning all four feet to the earth even though her tail still wagged.

Tayui’s bawdy grin and questions shut down her own smile, only to have it replaced with a humorous deadpan look as she shook her head in wonder. “I must be literally glowing,” she breathed, knowing how easily Stark and Helotes had caught on to her twitterpation. She grinned crookedly, and took a seat at last to address the question of her clan, trying to remember exactly how much to cover that Tayui didn’t know.

“Inferni is, at present, doing great.” She smiled, a much softer thing, but became solemn as she went on. “Not long after I ran into you, though, there was a war. Coyote-hating wolves who came from the same place Gabriel did attacked us. We had to team up with Salsola”—a brief frown, although nothing bad had come of their alliance this time—“but we wiped them out. None of our own died, but recently our Aquila Ezekiel left the clan.”

She paused, taking in a deep breath and just holding the fragrant summer air in her lungs, before exhaling and making her conclusion. “But things are looking up. We have a new leader now, Myrika Tears, and she’s really what the clan needs.” Her smile turned warm and shy, and she too-quickly met the other’s mismatched eyes and asked: “What about you? Trying to project your lovestruck yearling’s feelings onto me?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread