left too late.
[html]
(+391) Sorry for the wait. :c I was on vacation but then I didn't have any excuse.

The other’s change in expression when Vesper mentioned Salsola made her tail drop, only because her own thoughts had wavered on the subject. Once, she had been willing to kill anyone and everyone to free some slaves, to fight for her ideals, to end the needless suffering of others—but now? She hadn’t liked it, certainly, but she’d been more interested in the welfare of her clan. War made for strange bedfellows, wasn’t that the saying?

That wasn’t to say that Vesper had lost her ideals. She still hated suffering, and she still waited in the dark for the souls of those she killed to rise as vultures and devour her heart. She just had something, and someone, more important to look after.

One scarred and one full ear pricked at mention of the new Aquila’s name, and the silly thought that Tayui might’ve gotten to Myrika first jumped to Vesper’s head and made her smirk. The question caught her off guard, though, and she mumbled, “Oh, I don’t know.” She had only recently learned what the fire was, let alone the names of alphas outside of Inferni’s rulers. After a moment, going over the history that Myrika had told her, she asked awkwardly, “Did Laruku have a daughter named Rachias? I think that was Myri’s mother.” The Aquila had said the son of some Clouded Tears wolf had given Kaena children, but she hadn’t said that he was a leader. She realized how little she really knew about Myrika’s direct heritage or anything like that, and how little Myri knew of her family, as little as she thought of them. It troubled her, but she decided she had plenty of time to fix that in the future.

Tayui said that she’d met someone, and Vesper grinned before recognition flickered in her blue eyes at the name. “I met Anu once,” she said, somewhat bewildered. The old grey she-wolf had been kind to her, told her gently about the departure of Ves’s “girl” at the time from Nova Scotia, and given her advice. Knowing how much it might mean to the other woman, she added approvingly, “Anu was very kind; you’re lucky.”

She grinned and nodded, indicating that she’d probably visit sometime, but then a frown tugged at her muzzle. “Wait, why are you living there? Isn’t Anu from Crimson Dreams?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread