left too late.
[html]
(+315)

“I only met her once,” Vesper said with a quick smile in response to the older woman’s. “I was feeling pretty low at the time, and she helped me out.”

It was strange to go back to that day, her heart broken and her mind refusing to let its pieces trip her on her way. She’d come awkwardly to the borders of the quiet pack asking after the dark-furred girl, and the she-wolf had given her the truth and told her that, if she was meant to, she would return. It turned out that dear Blind would return, but it became too late for any of that anyway; the world had taken her away.

There was a brief somberness in her face, but her emotions were private and betrayed only by a soft flicker. She paid attention to what Tayui was saying, however, and she shook her head in understanding. Ichika no Ho-en had disbanded after her Shepard had taken over, shaken by the departure of its old leaders; it made sense that Crimson Dreams could crumble too, with time. She didn’t begrudge Anu her decision.

The coywolf nodded earnestly when Tayui finished. “I wish I could take you in,” she said before her mind caught up with her mouth. Her ear fell back awkwardly, and she hunched her shoulders slightly. “I mean—into Inferni,” she mumbled. “You talk of it as if—well—I just wish it could be a place for you. Even though Myrika and I lead, we can’t change the old laws.” Inferni was, first and foremost, a coyote clan, and even though Ves dreamed for peace between them and the woods, she didn’t think it’d be fair to bring a wolf into their midst and expect the clan to adjust their behavior. On a case by case basis, perhaps, but she wouldn’t wish the outsider rank on Tayui or Anu.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread