left too late.
[html]
[/html]Vesper had heard of the wolves that Inferni welcomed into the fold, although she couldn’t remember their names if she’d even heard such specifics. Most of them had been wolfish half-siblings of the coyotes, while others might have been lovers to the high-ranking. She knew that several of Kaena’s children had Canis lupus blood in them, and it wouldn’t have surprised her if some of their fathers had been Outsiders in the clan.

“Yeah,” the coywolf said with a lopsided, somewhat abashed smile when Tayui pointed out their hybrid blood. “Some of them can’t stand to be reminded of it. I know I couldn’t care less, but…” She shrugged slightly, not fond of making excuses for her clan mates but forcing herself to understand all the same. Had she not been so fiercely coyote in personality, she might have been considered too “wolfy” for the clan; her blood was exactly half and half, after all. Would she have turned out different had her mother been the wolf rather than her father?

She nodded at the woman’s explanation. “Right, she doesn’t deserve having to deal with us,” she murmured honestly. She had no doubt Tayui was strong enough and had enough respect for the clan to put up with some of its more prejudiced members, but Anu seemed too gentle, someone to protect. “But I’d love to have you visit. If anyone gives you a hard time, I’ll kick their ass,” the small lupus-formed woman said fiercely, and she stepped forward to give her friend another nuzzle.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread