anigisdi asique
[html]
Desired Profession Path: Agriculture

Spirit Guide: Udanvti, female, White-Tailed Deer

A short history of your character's time in the Tribe: Unatsi was an Ayastigi (warrior) in the Great Tribe, but during war against its neighbors, failed to act. He was ridiculed for being selfish and cowardly, and he spent a lot of time building resentment toward the Tribe. However, he got his spirit guide (who sort of soothed him), and the attention was taken off him during the Maska drama. He decided to leave the Great Tribe for AniWaya so he could start fresh and learn his spirit guide's lessons.

NPC's: None!

Unatsi is by Miyu!

Unatsikanogeni had toiled for days through unfamiliar land, until his pads cracked and bled and eventually toughened and callused, hard as horn as he set them down in the rhythm of one tired to the bone. He was too exhausted to truly note the fog-blanketed land he passed, too exhausted to notice anything other than the ache in muscles he never knew he had -- that, and the constant soft voice of his guide, always present even when she was not visible.

But he was almost there, almost there -- at least as much as could be believed from word of mouth. Spirits, strangers, he was fully prepared to take anyone's advice at this point. Wapiti and fog, they'd mentioned that -- wapiti and cursed fog and more cursed fog. He blinked, stopped, forgot to open his eyes until the sound of a deer politely clearing her throat made him trudge onward.

The fallen warrior had packed lightly, most of his belongings slung over his shoulder in a leather sack. He had packed somewhat less lightly than his first flight from the Tribe -- the one that had led him to discover his spirit guide -- in that he had a small drum taking up most of the room in the sack, and a rusted farmer's hand scythe at his crudely fashioned belt. Luckily, other than to cull a mountain sheep when he first crossed into Nova Scotia, he hadn't needed it. The thought of blood made him sick.

He passed the remnants of a rusty fence, peering at its metallic spiderweb tendrils suspiciously as if it was only waiting to snag on his rusty fur. His foot slipped at one point in a pile of elk dung, almost sending him falling backwards if the back of a doe wasn't there to support him. He grinned a sheepish, too-big grin at Udanvti, who merely waited for him to get back on his own legs before she high-stepped casually in front of him.

So, when we get there, Unatsikanogeni began, his voice rushing together in an obviously nervous tempo. The deer lifted her head and swung her large ears back in his direction, politely listening to his rambling as always. When we get there, Unatsi went on, do you think -- do you think they'll send me away? I mean, it's reasonable they've heard of what I -- what I did, or I guess what I apparently didn't do -- and maybe they'd hate me for it already. Send me away, y'know, just to spare them the trouble. He stopped, drew breath, swallowed oxygen and saliva. His white shoulder hitched up in a small shrug when the spirit looked over her shoulder.

It is up to the leadership, Udanvti said mildly, but I will explain your ... situation winigatsihihv iga. You are here for a second chance, and I intend you take it.

Her muzzle and ears snapped forward then, and it was clear she was done speaking. He could tell from the set of her spine that she was not about to let her plan get ruined, however; for such a gentle beast, she was oddly stubborn about that sort of thing. She would pound the lessons into his skull even if she had to resort to nastiness, but for his sake, he hoped she got what she wanted before that -- including his membership within AniWaya.

The red wolf sighed, but the next moment Udanvti froze and flagged the white underside of her tail. He followed her like a fawn as she skirted a certain patch of ground then paused at another, her dark nose twitching. He took her cue and breathed in, too -- breathed in the scent of other wolves, an uncannily familiar but unfamiliar odor. Traces of his home, of horses and farmland and family, were woven with the stronger smell of strangers. He was suddenly aware that he had not crossed miles and miles to return to the same place.

He was suddenly afraid.

The doe looked at him, seeming to sense his fear. She offered him an impression of calmness, of optimism and trust; he took hold of this and clutched it like a child clutches a doll. He swallowed her energy -- because he did trust the spirit guide, even if he'd forgotten to trust everyone else. He breathed deeply, looked across the border, breathed again, and let out a long high howl.

<style>
.unaMiyu {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.unaMiyu p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.unaMiyu p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.unaMiyu .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.unaMiyu .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.unaMiyu b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaMiyu b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaMiyu b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.unaMiyu u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread