hidden behind a harmless flower
[html]

(328) Sorry, I had to ban myself from posting as Dra for a few days O_O so imbalanced aagegkekgijg

Draugr is by Haley!

The blonde woman explained the names and Draugr was disappointed -- though not surprised -- to find her humor misunderstood or simply disregarded. Humor was not one of her strengths, and the woody-hued wolfdog found it a difficult one to hone here. Her mother was not one for jokes and pranks, and she thought many others within Salsola were of a similar mindset. They were a tool of distraction, though, and Dra thought she understood their worth. She would have to get better.

She shrugged and smiled again, a smaller one than before. Some names are just pretty. Names were important, but even pretty names had power. Foxglove and her sisters were all named for flowers; it must mean something or bestow something upon them, she thought. Draugr idly bent down to pluck a tiny green weed from amongst some lavender, but she hesitated as Foxglove again spoke, pale eyes looking over at her curiously. As the woman finished, the wolfdog hunkered into a more comfortable stance and twirled the little green leaf between her fingers, looking down at it as she spoke.

You have to get better, she instructed. We all do -- that's why we're alive. Draugr's tone indicated confidence in these ideas, though her body language suggested otherwise: downcast eyes, twiddling fingers, even ears just slightly bent back against her head. I didn't know what to do at first, either. When mama Siv set me out on my own, I mean. But I've gotten better. I learned how to ride a horse and drive a cart. You can learn things, too. Now, she looked up at Foxglove and smiled, twitching her tail back and forth a few times in reassurance. They were Family of Salsola and of the same rank, yet Foxglove had shared an insecurity with Dra, who interpreted this as an indicator of trust. Insecurities were secrets to be buried deep down -- one didn't just share them with anyone.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread