Cautionary Tale
[html]UGH IM SO SORRY I’ve ben non-existent on ‘Souls for a while. ;; But I’m here now, hurray!
(532)

After their initial meeting, Coli had a special place in Ezra’s heart. Despite her transgressions that were none of his business, he found it possible to forgive whatever pain she caused other creatures in the past because they were all here for a second chance. He liked her a lot, and had an overwhelming desire to protect her. She was small and scared, and in more ways than he’d like to admit she reminded the husky of the lovely silver memory he once had.

Her call and Lilin’s soon after raised the alarm in his brain. The hackles on the back of his neck stood up straight, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Ezra told Eli to stay at their earthen home, and the massive beast galloped off in the direction of the calls. He was panicking; he could only imagine what could be waiting for him there. Ezra was out of breath by the time he reached the site where a few pack members had arrived. Ezra only arrived after Coli began to speak about what had happened to her. The words black dog rang in his mind like an overpowering bell. He didn’t even check in with Saul or Lilin that he was here, he headed back into the woods towards the borders in a flash. Tonight that dog would die, and Ezra would have pleasure in doing it himself.

His heart pounded as he flew over branches and stumps to find the perpetrator. This could showcase one of Ezra’s skills- hunting and catching prey. Ezra would find whatever bastard hurt Coli so horribly. The man went far past the borders, trying with every ounce of his body to follow the scent of the dog that smelled of rape and fear. His heart beat in his chest like a drum as he continued to sprint down the scent trail of the dog. Alas, after a while, the smell was too feeble to continue. The dog must have hidden it by walking into a stream or something. As he realized Ezra snarled furiously and let out a warning howl to the dog that he would be killed if he came close to the pack again. The husky was beyond mad that he let his friend down. Shamefully, he trotted back to the group where he knew he was needed.

Some time had passed. Ezra finally joined the group of his packmates, head bent down low, orange and blue eyes focused on the ground beneath Coli’s feet. “Saul, Lilin,” he said carefully, slowly.” I just ran the entire length of the bastard’s scent trail, but he has disappeared into the night. After some searching I think we will all be safe, tonight, for he is now long gone. I’m sorry I couldn't find him, Coli,” He said that last bit looking directly at his friend. “If he ever shows his face here again I’ll rip his throat out.” Ezra looked to his leaders for approval as he tried to lower the hackles on his back and the snarl that wouldn’t go away. He was too slow. He failed his friend.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread