we are, we are, we are
[html]
He should break the news to them very, very gently. With a pillow and an offering of bread. I love bread. Nomnomnom. c:

She chuckled quietly at his reaction, regarding him contentedly. There had been no real reason for the smirk, aside from a few jokes she had shared with herself. None that she could put into words, but a multitude of things that had amused her nonetheless. The fact that he had apologized for commercing with her (and for dabbling on a topic she found intriguing at the very least), his name and how she had taken a moment to try and spell it, realizing it had more consonants than most names might, among other things.

"I could say the same for you; I haven't heard a name such as yours in, well, a long time. Does it mean anything?" Her name had no meaning at all, or at least, none that she knew of. Her litter mates all had French names- Aurèle, Tobias and Barthélémy. There was little trace of her father's German heritage in their names, save for Tobias' last name- Tobias Liebe; love. She refrained a chuckle- love indeed, how it had torn her birth pack apart. The love his father had for his first mate, Amarante Reed, and later, the lust he had for Tayui's mother, Adélaide. She supposed Adélaide had never truly loved her father, but who was she to judge? Love was complicated, as she had found in her half-brother, Daedalus's case.

It was strange that she thought of her family at this time, but she supposed one's name tied them to their family in some way. She had been born as Tayui Aston-L'leh, but assumed the last name of L'leh when she joined Jaded Shadows. After she joined (or more appropriately, created), Shadowed Sun, she exchanged L'leh for Aston. Although her times tied her to her past (in both good and bad ways), they signified new beginnings as well for her.

She blinked, then returned the male's smile. "It is possible. After all, there were a lot of interesting characters in Bleeding Souls. It might make more sense than a malfunction of human equipment, as well," she said with a frown. "I don't know why someone would do that, but... you can never guess anyone's true intentions, can you?" She glanced up at Vedr, wondering if he might take the last few words the wrong (or right?) way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread