Sailing Joys
[html]

Back and rambling!

Levent was not entirely unfamiliar with the rites of dominance and submission. Although the Eastern hemisphere was more civilized and humanlike, their adaptation to the virus and to the domain left to them by Homo sapiens did not breed out their canine instincts. Such forms of dominance had become more subtle than outright lifting your tail or flipping over an omega wolf, but they were there, especially in the big families that ruled Europe and expected compliance with their laws.

He was not as well-versed in this instinctual law when he was a scruffy tawpie, and many times he’d gotten slapped around for refusing to lower his eyes among nobler folk. The street-rat had learned quickly to fake submission even if he didn’t give it, and eventually this had evolved into an art form—a slinking, simpering fool heard more information than was trusted to a competent individual. In this case, the submission was apologetic and to reinstate himself as a harmless figure, because Levent hated solving problems with violence that he could easily solve with brown-nosing. It took fewer muscles to smile than rip out throats, after all.

The girl introduced herself as Dalgina, and Levent smiled although he couldn’t place the origin of the name. Said smile disappeared when she began gushing about the ocean, though, and he scowled at the floor for a moment as he considered a response.

“The sea swallows more than just colors,” the brown wolf snorted at last, although he tried to sound amused rather than terrified. “But how many ways can you draw the same old ocean?” he went on, more curious than disdainful. “I mean, maybe one scene has birds and the next has a shark leaping out, but otherwise, I don’t see what all there is to draw.” He lifted a paw in the same way he might lift both hands to fend off any protests to his rudeness. “I’m no artist, of course, have no idea what I’m talking about.”

+331

<style type="text/css">
.levcurl-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4d90de; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levcurl-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.levcurl-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4d90de; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levcurl-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levcurl-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#000106; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hh3wS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727e93; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727e93; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread