This is how i show my love
OOC:Hey, mind if I figuratively sharpen my bow skills? I just found out that I accidentally did a requirement for the Dasa rank without knowing. Go figure.

Lukos was adding a 'feature' to his house, for safety measures, when he heard someone fighting outside. Curious, he went to his window next to the door. He saw Alaki and someone sparring with curved swords and speaking what sounded like gibberish. Didn't I hear Alaki say something like that to me when I joined? He leaned on the frame of the window, intrigued by their swords and gibberish that he assumed was a language.

Seeing them spar made him feel out of practice with his own weapon of choice, a bow and arrows. After watching a couple minutes, he decided to train a little too. Since he forgot his bow and quiver at his old fishing pack when he 'left' and hasn't made one of his own yet, he would need to borrow one from the weapons storage. Conveniently for him it was next to his house. He walked out of his front door and walked around until he found the entrance for the weapons storage. Inside, off to the right, he found a unstrung recurve bow under a greatsword, and a quarter full quiver nearby. After stringing the bow he shouldered the quiver and walked outside towards Alaki.

"Mind if I train a little bit?" he said, showing him the bow. "Promise not to shoot your eye out." he said humorously, then remembering the last time he tried to make a joke with the Angelo. Too late now. He walked on, not waiting for an answer and not expecting to receive one. He looks a little preoccupied right now. Lukos continued walking for the archery targets until he found the one he wanted, ten feet away. He thought that this was a good starting distance, not too close, not too far. He took up a stance, notched an arrow, and relaxed. The most important thing his father told him about hunting with a bow is to be relaxed, because it helps more than being rigid and uptight. He drew the bow back as far as he could manage and released it at the target. He reminded himself that he never really used a recurve bow before, and hasn't used a bow period in about a month when the arrow fell short of his target. He drew his second arrow and aimed a bit higher than last time, and watched it soar into the bottom most part of the target. At least I'm getting closer. The long months he practiced with a bow started coming back to him, remembering the correct angle he used with his previous bow, wondering if it would work the same way on this bow.

He notched his third arrow, straightening his arm, staring down the range at the target. He pulled the string to full draw, paying attention to nothing but the target and his bow. He aimed higher than his last shots, focusing, trying to calculate where it would hit. Once he measured it all, he loosed the arrow and saw it sink a good five inches higher than his last shot. Happy with his improvement, he looked behind him to see what Alaki was currently doing. Wonder if he would teach me how to use that sword. he thought. Or I could ask his opponent, if he's better than Alaki. Lukos wasn't entirely sure, but it looked like the cream wolf was winning.

Messages In This Thread